RSS
I am on the verge... of a nervous breakdown... or greatness... it depends on the day.

Public Market Adventure From the Verge

We took the kids to the Public Market today. My thinking was that it would be a fun adventure... they thought it would be a great chance to suck the fun out of the day.

The complaints began on the way to the Market. They were carsick. They were bored. They were generally unhappy. Once we arrived, they were hot, thirsty and (you guessed it) unhappy.


My youngest had an excuse. He's on crutches for this:


2 fractures in his left ankle. The distal tibia and fibula are both fractured at the growth plates. I know, ouch, right?

But he complained less than his brothers. They were texting and complaining. All. Morning. Long.

They even complained during smoothies, empanadas, and fried dough. Nobody should complain while eating fried dough. It's just not right.

Unfortunately for them I was unmoved by their crabbiness. I bought 2 designer knockoff purses for $80 and a cute top for $10. I moved on to trail mixes, bread, scones, veggies, fruit and pierogies.

Next time hubby and I will go to the Public Market alone... unless I feel the need to torture my children by feeding them delicious junk and giving them money to buy stuff again. *sigh* There's just no satisfying some people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment