RSS
I am on the verge... of a nervous breakdown... or greatness... it depends on the day.

The Graduate

My youngest graduates from 6th grade today. This is not his first graduation, mind you. In fact it seems that every time I turn around he is graduating from something. What is going on with schools today? Why dilute high school graduation by graduating them from so many other things?

So far he has graduated from preschool, kindergarten, and DARE. By the time he gets to his high school graduation I will be tempted to give it a good eyeroll and a "been there done that" sigh! Why do kids need a ceremony every time they reach a mini-milestone? Can't we just give them a hug and tell them they did a great job? Can't I go back to bed this morning instead of sitting in a hot, stuffy auditorium watching kids clomp across a stage to claim their "diploma"? Apparently not.

So I have to go get dressed - in grown up clothes - and head out. Don't worry... because I love him, I will be grinning and clapping like the rest of the other parents who are also sighing and wishing they were in bed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment